Monday, November 19, 2012

St. Francis in Ecstasy



I miss the manic fever
Rolling and writhing in my own sweat and vomit
Masturbating in my own shit;
My life for an altered state
(Little purple pills of sweet, strange Ambien; empty bottles of wine; powdered Ritalin scattered on a hand mirror)

A head injury and its seismic wave, felt deep in my system
Itchy eyes
(Bloodshot,
Pupils dilated)
Dancing points of light like knives
Beads of blood and sweat;
Somewhere, glass is shattering
Metal bends and breaks fast and violent and leaves me gasping

We convulse on the floor
A viper’s breeding ball
Panting and groaning and caressing;
Psyche looking upon Eros in horror and amazement
We are as vast and deep as the ocean
A tidal force that pulls the world under

Tongues of fire light my skull
And spirits whisper secrets in a forgotten language;
Lovely, long and grotesque creatures reveal the nature of heaven and hell in dreams and visions
God devours me and I am grateful.

3 comments: